Save the Date! Distributed SQL Summit virtual event will take place on September 12th. Registration is free and now open.
DSS Day Chicago
Join us at DSS Day Chicago on November 6th, 2023!
Focused on distributed SQL, this event is an official co-located event with KubeCon + CloudNativeCon.
* We are excited to bring together the Kubernetes community for live distributed SQL discussions and technical workshops with app developers and database practitioners.
* DSS Day is free to attend and you can only register for the event during the KubeCon + CloudNativeCon in-person registration process.
Who Should Attend?
DSS is a platform for executives and techies to share use cases, best practices, and real world examples building cloud native applications and driving database modernization with distributed SQL.
Who are you?
- Cloud native developers
- DevOps engineers
- System architects
- Digital transformation leaders
What is Distributed SQL?
Distributed SQL is a revolutionary category of databases for building mission-critical, cloud native applications.
A distributed SQL database is a single logical relational database deployed on a cluster of servers. A distributed SQL database automatically replicates and distributes data across multiple servers. These databases are strongly consistent and support consistency across availability and geographic zones in the cloud.
At a minimum, a distributed SQL database has the following characteristics:
- A SQL API for accessing and manipulating data and objects
- Automatic distribution of data across nodes in a cluster
- Automatic replication of data in a strongly consistent manner
- Distributed query execution
- Distributed ACID transactions